Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thoughts on blogging

It seems that perfectionism has reared its ugly head again.  There is so much I want to write about on this blog that I'm having a hard time getting started!  I want to produce clear, insightful, meaningful, interesting posts on a huge variety of topics.  I'm starting to realize, however, that it may be a while before I'm able to do so.  Writing is an art and it takes lots of practice.  So maybe it would be better to just jump in where I am, Flylady-style.  (If you're not familiar with Flylady, check out her website.)

I'm thinking about writing something every weekday.  I know that sounds like too much pressure, but the idea is to get into a "creative habit."  (I read this in The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp.)  Katie is still taking two naps a day; I could commit 10 or 15 minutes of nap time to writing.

And...it looks like that's all the time I have today!

No comments:

Post a Comment