OK folks! Time for a couple of updates.
First off: I have now successfully made yogurt not once, but TWICE! Woohooooo! Awkward Mom was right; the first time was for learning what NOT to do. Now, I stand in front of the oven and don't wander off if I need to make temperature adjustments.
Secondly: wool diaper covers! This one I'm only counting as half successful. I put Katie in the wool cover overnight, and surprisingly, it did work pretty much as advertised. When I went to get her in the morning, the smell of pee/ammonia didn't melt my face off the way it used to with a regular diaper cover. With wool, I didn't really smell anything until I started peeling off her layers. Underneath the wool cover, there was definitely some stink. But whatever, I tossed the diaper in the pail and all was well. Then I let the wool cover air dry.
The cover didn't air out in one day, so I'd have to buy - and lanolize! - at least one, maybe two more covers to keep this little scheme going. That's why I'm only calling it a half success. But it did air out by the following night. I was quite shocked. It smelled quite unmistakably of pee when I took it off her, but after a day and a half, I couldn't smell a thing! And I was really brave and put my nose right up to it!
So I guess I'll use the wool cover every other day. Half a win. If anyone has an overnight cloth diaper system that they love, give me a shout! ;)