Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More football funnies

Before I begin, I am pleased to announce that THE NINERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL! Woohoo! This is the first time they've been in it since I became a fan in the late 90's. The only downside is, now Anthony wants to go to his annual Super Bowl guys-only bash in Las Vegas, whereas before he said he wasn't going. Grr.

Anyway, we've been glued to the TV for most of the playoff games, even the AFC ones, because we wanted to know what the Niners might be up against if they made it this far. We were watching the Bengals vs. Texans game, and the camera had zoomed in on a player sitting on the Texans' sideline. Katie looked up at the TV, waved and said, "Hi, black man!" Anthony and I looked at each other, dumbstruck. WHAT? What can she possibly mean by that? Where did she hear people being referred to by their skin color? OMG, WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT IT?

Then the camera panned on someone on the Bengals' sideline, and she said, "Hi, orange man!"

Apparently Katie had thought the Texans player's dark blue jersey was black. The Bengals have orange on their jerseys.

WHEW!!!!!!!!!! Dodged a bullet there. But really, you should have seen the look of shock on Anthony's face! Priceless!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Well, to be honest, while I am happy for you about the Niners, I really didn't know until you told me. No, I love Katie passion and cheerful greetings that sent you into a tizzy. I love when we are gearing up for some big talk and the answer is so simple. I still remember Super P.'s "where do babies come from?" And I am like well, mommys and daddys love each other and uh, well, so...And he was like, "Women's bodies, right?" Ah, yes, women's bodies. Keep on dodging those bullets! And Linebakers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! Oh, that is so awesome! I'm making a mental note of that answer for the fateful day when Katie asks that question. And then I'll pray there aren't too many follow-ups! :)

      Delete